- Cooking Time: See options above
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- Two lbs hamburger or chopped steak
- (1) Onion /1/2 cup, chopped
- 15oz can creamed corn
- 8oz can tomato sauce
- 1 can black olives
- 1 pkg (5 – 6) chicken or beef tamales
- Sliced cheese, as desired (usually cheddar used)
- Worcestershire sauce
- 1. Brown hamburger and chopped onion together.
- 2. Slice cheese and tamales separately. Save.
- 3. Build in layers in Crock-pot or roasting pot as follows:
- • Sliced tamales.
- • Hamburger/onion mix
- • Sprinkle with Worcestershire sauce
- • Tomato sauce, creamed corn and olives
- • Cheese slices.
- Repeat this sequence three times (so don’t use the tomato sauce/corn/olives in one layer) ending with sliced cheese on top.
- Bake uncovered in oven at 350 for 2 hours (I think) was original recipe. I cook this in the Crock-pot, low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
NotesThis recipe came from my great aunt Louise, but every branch of the family likes it. I volunteer for Habitat for Humanity by occasionally providing lunch for the work crew. Last time I made Tamale Pie, I got eight thank you notes and recipe requests.
Submitted by: "Melanie Moore"
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
$30 Wine+Food Pairings
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
The Italian ExchangeSee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More