- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 pounds pork shoulder
- 1 tablespoon Creole Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme (or savory)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons chicken bullion
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 3 oz chopped shallots
- 3 jalapeno peppers, seeds and ribs removed, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 12 oz can of beer
- Preheat your oven to 250' F
- Place pork in a large roasting pan
- Combine the paprika, cumin, creole seasoning, thyme, chicken bullion, salt and pepper and sprinkle all over the pork
- Pour in orange juice and beer
- Add onions, shallots, jalapeno, and garlic
- Cover and cook for about 7 hours, turning meat halfway through
- Remove roasting pan from the oven.
- In a large skillet, heat up some oil. Remove the fat and bone from the meat, breaking up the large pieces.
- In batches, lightly brown the meat in the hot skillet.
- Meanwhile, skim the fat off of the liquid that is still in the roasting pan.
- Once all the meat has been lightly browned, deglaze the skillet with about 2 cups of liquid. Heat through then pour liquid over the meat.
- Serve with rice, tortillas, pico de gallo and guacamole
NotesI was inspired by a Haitian recipe for Glazed and Braised Pork. I had originally planned on sticking with the recipe but I couldn't help myself. I changed it all over the place
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Walnut, Honey & Espresso Caramels
Scrambled Egg Breakfast Pizza
Rice PuddingSee More