- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 pounds pork shoulder
- 1 tablespoon Creole Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme (or savory)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons chicken bullion
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 3 oz chopped shallots
- 3 jalapeno peppers, seeds and ribs removed, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 12 oz can of beer
- Preheat your oven to 250' F
- Place pork in a large roasting pan
- Combine the paprika, cumin, creole seasoning, thyme, chicken bullion, salt and pepper and sprinkle all over the pork
- Pour in orange juice and beer
- Add onions, shallots, jalapeno, and garlic
- Cover and cook for about 7 hours, turning meat halfway through
- Remove roasting pan from the oven.
- In a large skillet, heat up some oil. Remove the fat and bone from the meat, breaking up the large pieces.
- In batches, lightly brown the meat in the hot skillet.
- Meanwhile, skim the fat off of the liquid that is still in the roasting pan.
- Once all the meat has been lightly browned, deglaze the skillet with about 2 cups of liquid. Heat through then pour liquid over the meat.
- Serve with rice, tortillas, pico de gallo and guacamole
NotesI was inspired by a Haitian recipe for Glazed and Braised Pork. I had originally planned on sticking with the recipe but I couldn't help myself. I changed it all over the place
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Rainbows Of Vegan Love
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More