- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- splash - extra virgin olive oil
- 4 - 5 - 6 oz fresh halibut fillets
- to taste - kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 - large ripe tomatoes or one 28 oz can of whole tomatoes, coarsely chopped.
- 4 - large cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 - large onion, minced
- 1/2 cup - capers
- 1/2 cup - pitted calamata olives
- 1/2 cup - pitted green olives
- 1 tbsp - balsamic vinegar
- Preheat a large, heavy skillet over medium high heat.
- Add a splash of olive oil (enough to cover the bottom of the pan with a light film).
- Pat the halibut fillets dry with paper towel and lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Place the fillets in the hot oil and brown on both sides.
- Remove the fillets from the pan and add the remaining ingredients. Bring the mixture to a simmer and serve with the fish.
NotesAnother recipe from Karen Barnaby's 'Halibut - The Cookbook'.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More