- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- splash - extra virgin olive oil
- 4 - 5 - 6 oz fresh halibut fillets
- to taste - kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 - large ripe tomatoes or one 28 oz can of whole tomatoes, coarsely chopped.
- 4 - large cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 - large onion, minced
- 1/2 cup - capers
- 1/2 cup - pitted calamata olives
- 1/2 cup - pitted green olives
- 1 tbsp - balsamic vinegar
Preheat a large, heavy skillet over medium high heat.
Add a splash of olive oil (enough to cover the bottom of the pan with a light film).
Pat the halibut fillets dry with paper towel and lightly season with salt and pepper.
Place the fillets in the hot oil and brown on both sides.
Remove the fillets from the pan and add the remaining ingredients. Bring the mixture to a simmer and serve with the fish.