- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1⁄4-inch pieces
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/4 cups green lentils, rinsed (1/2 pound)
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 6-ounce pieces halibut fillet
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 chopped fresh tarragon
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add the garlic and sweet potato and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the broth and lentils and simmer, covered, until the lentils are tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Season with 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the fish with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook until opaque throughout, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- In a bowl, whisk together the mustard, wine, and tarragon. Drizzle over the fish and lentils.
VivaVeganGal's Family Favorites
Lau Family Recipes
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Fojos (Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Ancho Chili and Whipped Cream)
Crab And Shrimp Pasta
Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Balls (Truffles)See More