- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1⁄4-inch pieces
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/4 cups green lentils, rinsed (1/2 pound)
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 6-ounce pieces halibut fillet
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 chopped fresh tarragon
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add the garlic and sweet potato and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the broth and lentils and simmer, covered, until the lentils are tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Season with 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the fish with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook until opaque throughout, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- In a bowl, whisk together the mustard, wine, and tarragon. Drizzle over the fish and lentils.
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing RecipesSee More
Italian White Bean Soup
Butterscotch Hard Candy
Meringue Candy CanesSee More