- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 4-8
- Preparation Time: 10
- RECIPE: Pumpkin-Cream Cheese-Raisin Sandwich Spread
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened (or use whipped for a softer spread)
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp clove
- 1/4 tsp paprika (this really adds depth to the flavor)
- 1/4 cup (or more) raisins. For a softer texture and extra flavor, you can soak your raisins in spiced cider first to plump them up.
- Beat cream cheese, brown sugar,maple syrup and vanilla until smooth.
- Add pumpkin and spices and blend until smooth.
- Add raisins.
- Chill for at least 1/2 hour.
- Use as a sandwich spread, or for dipping cookies or fruit.
NotesThese 'SandWitches' are made with cookie molds. They're fun for kids to make - easy, tasty and squishable!
The Pumpkin/Cream cheese/ Raisin spread can also be used as a dip for cookies or fruit. A touch of paprika adds a depth to the flavor and balances the sweetness.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Driscoll's Berry DessertsSee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More