HALLOWEEN CHOCOLATE CAKE
- Servings: 10- 12
- 1 (6.0 oz.) HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate Bar, broken into pieces
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup dairy sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- CHOCOLATE COATED ICE CREAM CONE(recipe follows)
- ORANGE FROSTING(recipe follows)
- DECORATOR'S FROSTING(recipe follows)
Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 12-cup fluted tube pan.
Stir together chocolate bar pieces, butter and water in medium bowl until chocolate is melted. Stir together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt in large bowl; gradually add butter mixture, beating until well blended.
Add eggs, sour cream and vanilla; beat on medium speed 1 minute.
Pour batter into prepared pan.
Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely.
Meanwhile, prepare CHOCOLATE COATED ICE CREAM CONE.
Drizzle ORANGE FROSTING over cake.
Place ice cream cone into center of cake for pumpkin stem.
Using leaf decorating tip, pipe leaves onto 'pumpkin' with DECORATOR FROSTING.