HALLOWEEN MUD BARS
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLe TOLL HOUSE‚ Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Candy corn
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Grease 9-inch-square baking pan.
Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
Beat sugar, butter and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy.
Beat in egg; gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in 1 1/4 cups morsels and nuts.
Spread into prepared baking pan.
Bake for 20 to 23 minutes.
Remove pan to wire rack.
Sprinkle with remaining morsels.
Let stand for 5 minutes or until morsels are shiny; spread evenly.
Top with candy corn.
Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
Refrigerate for 5 to 10 minutes or until chocolate is set.
Cut into bars.