- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThe best ever!!
I make these every year for Halloween and they are always a hit!! I got the original recipe from Martha Stewart and slightly adapted it to make it more Halloweeny.
You are going to want to have a bit extra of all the ingredients on hand and just kinda see how it goes, adding more of whatever you think it needs as you are going.
You will need a lot of butter for your hands and will need to do most of the mixing with your hands rather than a spoon or else you will just have a big blob stuck to a spoon. But, be careful because it is hot!
I think I usually make about 6 bags of microwave popcorn when I make this (if I remember correctly) because I wasn't sure how to measure in quarts.
I usually wrap them up in saran wrap after they have set for a little while and then tie orange and black ribbons around the top of them. Place them in a festive looking basket and you have the perfect treat for any Halloween occasion.
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, plus (a lot) more for buttering hands
- 1 10oz bag mini marshmellows
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3 quarts popped popcorn
- 1 cup dried cranberries (craisins)
- 1 cup broken up bits of candycorn
- Melt butter in a large heavy pot over low heat.
- Add marshmallows and brown sugar and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour popcorn, cranberries, and candy corn into pot, a little at a time, tossing well as doing so.
- With buttered hands shape into 2 1/2 inch balls.
- Set on parchment lined baking sheet to dry slightly.