- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 large egg plus 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate pieces
- Orange Marshmallow Frosting:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp water
- 1 tsp orange extract
- 1 large egg white
- Small amount of orange concentrated icing paste (or food coloring)
- 1/2 jar (3 ½ oz) marshmallow crème
- In a large mixing bowl combine brown sugar, pumpkin, the egg, egg whites, and oil. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until blended. Add
- flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, spices and salt. Beat on low speed until smooth. Stir in semisweet chocolate pieces.
- Spray an 9 x 13 inch pan with nonstick spray. Pour batter into pan; spread evenly. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into 2-inch squares after spreading with orange marshmallow frosting.
- Orange Marshmallow Frosting: Place the sugar, water, extract, egg white and icing paste til you get the orange color you want in a saucepan. Cook over low heat, beating constantly with electric hand mixer on high speed til soft peaks form, 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add marshmallow crème and continue to beat on high speed til stiff peaks form. Spread on brownies and sprinkle with Halloween shaped cake sprinkles. Cut and serve.
- TIP: To serve these anytime, bake and cool you brownies, the when mixing your frosting, substitute clear vanilla flavoring for the orange extract and leave out the coloring for a wonderful white marshmallow frosting.
Kale Yeah It's Good...No Meat Necessary
Sauce du Jour Culinary Institution: where every crazy chef gets a sharp knife
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal HelpingsSee More
Fojos (Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Ancho Chili and Whipped Cream)
Crab And Shrimp Pasta
Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Balls (Truffles)See More