- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 large egg plus 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate pieces
- Orange Marshmallow Frosting:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp water
- 1 tsp orange extract
- 1 large egg white
- Small amount of orange concentrated icing paste (or food coloring)
- 1/2 jar (3 ½ oz) marshmallow crème
- In a large mixing bowl combine brown sugar, pumpkin, the egg, egg whites, and oil. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until blended. Add
- flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, spices and salt. Beat on low speed until smooth. Stir in semisweet chocolate pieces.
- Spray an 9 x 13 inch pan with nonstick spray. Pour batter into pan; spread evenly. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into 2-inch squares after spreading with orange marshmallow frosting.
- Orange Marshmallow Frosting: Place the sugar, water, extract, egg white and icing paste til you get the orange color you want in a saucepan. Cook over low heat, beating constantly with electric hand mixer on high speed til soft peaks form, 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add marshmallow crème and continue to beat on high speed til stiff peaks form. Spread on brownies and sprinkle with Halloween shaped cake sprinkles. Cut and serve.
- TIP: To serve these anytime, bake and cool you brownies, the when mixing your frosting, substitute clear vanilla flavoring for the orange extract and leave out the coloring for a wonderful white marshmallow frosting.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Broiled Salmon with Olive-Tomato Vinaigrette
Peanut and pretzel truffles
Veggie KebabsSee More