- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup LAND O LAKES® Butter
- 1 large (1 cup) onion, chopped
- 1 small (1/2 cup) red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup LAND O LAKES™ Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 cup feta cheese with garlic and herbs*
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 (10-ounce) package fresh spinach leaves, stems removed, cut into thin strips
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Dippers Ingredients:
- Sesame crackers, party rye cocktail bread slices and/or assorted vegetable sticks (such as carrots or celery)
- Melt butter in 10-inch skillet until sizzling; add onion, red pepper and garlic. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened (5 to 6 minutes). Stir in flour; continue cooking 1 minute. Add broth and whipping cream. Continue cooking, stirring with wire whisk, until mixture is thickened (2 to 3 minutes).
- Stir in cheese, yogurt, spinach and hot pepper sauce until spinach wilts and mixture is heated through. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm with crackers, bread slices or assorted vegetable sticks.
- *Substitute 1 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Recipe Tip: Dip can also be spooned into a bread bowl.
NotesThis Halloween dip is made with fresh spinach and flavored with onion, garlic and cheese
Yield: 4 cups dip
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Simple Homemade Favorites
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More