Ham, Turkey, And Cheese Sandwich Ring
Why I Love This Recipe
From my blog MomCooks--http://momcooks.net/
I adapted this from this Chicken Sandwich Ring (http://www.pillsbury.com/Recipes/ShowRecipe.aspx?rid=37757recipe) on Pillsbury.com and made it last weekend for lunch. It was quickly gobbled up by everyone, although my husband thought a vinegar and oil dressing would have tasted better than the mayonnaise.
Ingredients You'll Need
2 cans (11 oz each) Pillsbury® refrigerated crusty French loaf
1 egg white
1 teaspoon water
2 teaspoons Progresso® Italian style bread crumbs
1/2 lb deli sliced ham
1/2 lb deli sliced turkey
4 round slices provolone cheese, cut in half
6 leaves leaf lettuce torn in half
Mayonnaise (didn't measure, just spread it around until it covered the cut side of the bread top)
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray large cookie sheet with cooking spray or grease with shortening. Remove dough from both cans; do not unroll. Place dough, seam side down, on cookie sheet. Join ends of loaf to form ring; pinch ends together firmly to seal.
2. With sharp or serrated knife, cut 12 (1/2-inch-deep) diagonal slashes on top of dough. In small bowl, beat egg white and water with fork; brush over dough. Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
3. Bake 26 to 30 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool on cookie sheet 15 minutes.
4. Set oven control to broil. Cut bread ring in half horizontally; carefully remove top half and set aside. Tip: To cut the bread in half evenly, place toothpicks around the perimeter of the bread ring making sure to keep them in a straight line. Then place the serrated knife either right above or right below the toothpicks and cut around.
5. Top bottom half on cookie sheet with turkey, ham, and cheese, tearing pieces to fit. Broil with top 4 to 6 inches from heat 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted-watch carefully, it will brown quickly.
6. Top the broiled half with green leaf lettuce. Spread mayonnaise on cut side of top half of bread ring.
7. Carefully place the top bread ring over the bottm, and to serve, cut sandwich ring into sections using the slash marks as a guide.