- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Holiday Bean Soup Mix
- 1 pound dried black beans
- 1 pound dried red beans
- 1 pound dried kidney beans
- 1 pound dried navy beans
- 1 pound dried great northern beans
- 1 pound dried baby lima beans
- 1 pound dried large lima beans
- 1 pound dried pinto beans
- 1 pound dried green split peas
- 1 pound dried yellow split peas
- 1 pound dried black-eyed peas
- 1 pound dried green lentils
- 1 pound dried brown lentils
- Combine beans in a very large bowl. Pour two cups of bean mix into pretty jars ( 16-oz.) jars holds two cups of bean mix. Give with the following recipe for holiday bean soup.
- You could also layer the beans in the jar for prettier effect. Just put a little of each of the beans in until you fill it to the top.
- Layer beans in jar.
- Attach To Jar:
- Ham Bean Soup
- beans from jar
- 1 smoked ham hock
- 2 cans ( 14.5 oz each ) stewed tomatoes
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 cups water
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- Cover beans with water and soak overnight. Drain beans and place in a stockpot. Add ham hoc, tomatoes, onion, garlic, bay leaf and 6 cups of water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, cover & simmer 1 hour or until beans are tender. Remove bay leaf before serving.
- Serve warm. Makes 11 cups of soup.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.See More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More