- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Holiday Bean Soup Mix
- 1 pound dried black beans
- 1 pound dried red beans
- 1 pound dried kidney beans
- 1 pound dried navy beans
- 1 pound dried great northern beans
- 1 pound dried baby lima beans
- 1 pound dried large lima beans
- 1 pound dried pinto beans
- 1 pound dried green split peas
- 1 pound dried yellow split peas
- 1 pound dried black-eyed peas
- 1 pound dried green lentils
- 1 pound dried brown lentils
- Combine beans in a very large bowl. Pour two cups of bean mix into pretty jars ( 16-oz.) jars holds two cups of bean mix. Give with the following recipe for holiday bean soup.
- You could also layer the beans in the jar for prettier effect. Just put a little of each of the beans in until you fill it to the top.
- Layer beans in jar.
- Attach To Jar:
- Ham Bean Soup
- beans from jar
- 1 smoked ham hock
- 2 cans ( 14.5 oz each ) stewed tomatoes
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 cups water
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- Cover beans with water and soak overnight. Drain beans and place in a stockpot. Add ham hoc, tomatoes, onion, garlic, bay leaf and 6 cups of water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, cover & simmer 1 hour or until beans are tender. Remove bay leaf before serving.
- Serve warm. Makes 11 cups of soup.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Jean’s Recipe FileSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More