HAM QUICHE WITH HERBS & ASPARAGUS SALAD
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 cup (11/2 sticks) unsalted butter, cold and cut into small chunks
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons ice water, plus more if needed
- Combine the flour, salt, and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the butter and mix with a pastry blender or your hands until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Beat the egg yolk and ice water in a small bowl to blend, add it to the pastry.
- Work it in to bind the dough until it holds together without being too wet or sticky.
- Squeeze a small amount together, if it is crumbly, add more ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Form the dough into a disk and wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the counter and a rolling pin lightly with flour.
- Roll the dough out into a 14-inch circle about 1/4-inch thick.
- Carefully roll the dough up onto the pin (this may take a little practice) and lay it inside a 9-inch springform pan.
- Press the dough firmly into the bottom and sides so it fits tightly; trim the excess dough around the rim.
- Place the pan on a sturdy cookie sheet so it will be easier to move in and out of the oven, this quiche is pretty heavy.
NotesDeep Dish Ham Quiche with Herb and Asparagus Salad
Recipe courtesy Tyler Florence
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
$30 Wine+Food PairingsSee More
Hot and Sour Soup
My Husband’s Favorite Desert
Mickey's Pulled PorkSee More