HAM STEAKS WITH SOUTHWEST RUB
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- OTHER INGREDIENTS:
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 center-cut ham steaks, 3/4" thick
Ask the butcher to cut the ham steaks for you for the tastiest, easiest dinner you’ve made in a long time (try it for brunch, too!)
To make the rub: In a small bowl, combine all rub ingredients.
Brush melted butter on both sides of steaks; sprinkle rub on both sides of the steaks. Grill ham over direct medium heat for 6 minutes, turning once halfway through grilling time. Serve with mashed sweet potatoes and green beans, if desired.