- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 30 to 40 Minutes
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups Real mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sweet pickle relish
- 2 pounds ham -- smoked boneless (about 6 cups) - finely diced almost ground. I use my mini food chopper.
- 1 cup shredded Swiss Cheese
- 1 medium onion finely diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 small green bell pepper (about 1 cup) - finely diced
- 2 stalks celery finely diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 Can Water Chestnuts, drained & finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- Freshly ground salt and pepper to taste. (I go very lightly on the salt).
- Minimum 24 Potato Rolls
- Stir the mayonnaise, relish, salt & pepper in a large mixing bowl until blended.
- Add the remaining ingredients mixing well.
- Store the salad, covered, in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Take a Potato Roll Remove a wedge of the bread from the center.
- Then slice the wedge so that it remains to use as a topper.
- Fill with Ham Salad replace the topper.
- You can serve this ham salad many ways, I have even bought a sourdough round of bread taken the inside out and put the ham inside with the leftover bread chunks on the side.
NotesThis is just a quick way to serve up a small sandwich for a nice brunch. I actually made these for a Bridal Shower, that time I increased the recipe to serve 35 to 40 people. It was a crowd pleaser. My daughters like it as well for a quick afternoon snack.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Cooking for a Cure
Italy or BustSee More
Corn Pocket Rolls
Krrispy's Beer Bacon BreadSee More