HAM SWISS CHEESE SALAD TUCKED SAFELY INSIDE POTATO ROLLS
Ham Swiss Cheese Salad Tucked Safely inside Potato Rolls
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 30 to 40 Minutes
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups Real mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sweet pickle relish
- 2 pounds ham -- smoked boneless (about 6 cups) - finely diced almost ground. I use my mini food chopper.
- 1 cup shredded Swiss Cheese
- 1 medium onion finely diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 small green bell pepper (about 1 cup) - finely diced
- 2 stalks celery finely diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 Can Water Chestnuts, drained & finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- Freshly ground salt and pepper to taste. (I go very lightly on the salt).
- Minimum 24 Potato Rolls
Stir the mayonnaise, relish, salt & pepper in a large mixing bowl until blended.
Add the remaining ingredients mixing well.
Store the salad, covered, in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Take a Potato Roll Remove a wedge of the bread from the center.
Then slice the wedge so that it remains to use as a topper.
Fill with Ham Salad replace the topper.
You can serve this ham salad many ways, I have even bought a sourdough round of bread taken the inside out and put the ham inside with the leftover bread chunks on the side.