Ham and Cauliflower Casserole Supreme
* 4 cups chopped fresh cauliflower
* 1/4 cup butter, cubed
* 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
* 2 cups milk
* 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
* 1/2 cup sour cream
* 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
* 1/2 cup shredded carrots
* 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
* 1 cup soft bread crumbs
* 1 tablespoon butter, melted
Place cauliflower in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until tender.
Meanwhile, in another large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in the cheese and sour cream until melted.
Drain cauliflower. In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, ham, carrots, and mushrooms. Add cheese sauce and toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.