- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 1-2
- Preparation Time:
- 6 oz Ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 slices deli ham
- 4 slices Provolone cheese
- 1/2 c Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Grease a large baking sheet and line with parchment paper, grease paper and set aside.
- Roll pizza dough in a circle as you would for a pizza.
- Mixed the ricotta, parmesan, and pepper in a bowl.
- Spread cheese mixture on half the circle.
- Place two slices of provolone and a handful of mozzarella on the ricotta.
- Add 4 slices of deli ham over the mozzarella and another handful of mozzarella.
- Fold the dough over and pinch along the edges.
- Seal the calzone using the back of a fork to crimp the rim.
- Cut 4 small vent holes in the top crust.
- Brushed a beaten egg over the calzone.
- Placed on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake at 450 degrees for about 15 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite sauce for dipping.
NotesThis is such a tasty simple recipe as is, but it can be recreated by the addition of many different ingredients. Spinach, mushrooms, pineapple, olives, the list is limited only by your taste. Just make sure whatever you choose to use that it is not a raw ingredient, if you want to use any thing like sausage or ground beef, make sure you precook it before placing it in the calzone.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Italy or BustSee More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More