- Cooking Time: 12 - 14
- Preparation Time:
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (1/2 of 17-1/4-oz. pkg.), thawed
- 1/4 cup KRAFT 100% Grated Parmesan Cheese, divided
- 1/4 tsp. ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 8 slices OSCAR MAYER Shaved Smoked or Brown Sugar Ham
- PREHEAT oven to 400°F.
- Beat egg and water until blended; set aside. Unfold pastry on lightly floured surface.
- Roll into 14x10-inch rectangle; cut in half lengthwise.
- Brush both pastry halves lightly with some of the egg mixture.
- Sprinkle 3 Tbsp. of the cheese and the pepper evenly over one of the pastry pieces; cover with ham slices.
- Place remaining pastry piece, egg-side down, over ham.
- Roll gently with rolling pin to seal.
- Brush with additional egg mixture.
- ROLL up tightly to form a 14-inch log, starting at one of the long sides.
- Cut log crosswise into 24 slices.
- Place, cut-sides down, on parchment-covered baking sheet.
- Brush with remaining egg mixture; sprinkle with remaining 1 Tbsp. cheese.
- BAKE 12 to 14 min. or until golden brown.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- I serve them with honey mustard dipping sauce.
NotesThese are so yummy! I got this recipe out of the Kraft Foods magazine (www.kraftfoods.com for a FREE subscription)