- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/4 cups chopped green onions
- 3/4 cup chopped ham (about 3 ounces)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 7 (1-ounce) Hawaiian bread rolls, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 3/4 cups fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- Heat a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add onions, ham, and garlic; sauté 5 minutes. Remove from heat; cool.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Arrange bread cubes on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned, turning occasionally.
- Combine milk and next 5 ingredients (milk through nutmeg) in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk until well blended. Stir in ham mixture. Add bread, tossing gently to coat.
- Arrange half of bread mixture in an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with half of cheese; top with remaining bread mixture. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake an additional 20 minutes or until set.
- Calories:353 (30% from fat), Fat:11.9g (sat 5.7g,mono 3.9g,poly 1.1g) Protein:23.9g, Carbohydrate:35.9g, Fiber:1.4g, Cholesterol:50mg, Iron:2.9mg, Sodium:993mg,Calcium:384mg
NotesThis is one of my favorite Cooking Light recipes. Very easy and absolutely delicious and filling. Good for breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner.
I usually pair it will a romaine salad and some fresh fruit.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Get Cookin'See More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More