- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin-olive oil
- 2 large Vidalia onions, sliced
- 3/4 pound smoked ham, cubed
- 8 large eggs
- 1 quart heavy cream
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat a skillet over medium-low heat, coat the pan with oil, and add the onions.
- Slowly cook the onions, stirring, until they caramelize and release their natural sugars.
- Add a couple of tablespoons of water to help the onions break down, if needed.
- Toss in the ham, cook, stirring, for about 10 minutes to get some color on it. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs until frothy, pour in the cream; season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the caramelized onions and ham over the bottom of the crust and carefully pour in the cream and egg mixture; the filling should be about 1-inch from the top of the pan.
- Cover loosely with foil and bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and continue to bake for 15 minutes or until the quiche is set, puffy, and jiggles slightly.
- Remove to a wire rack and let cool for 30 minutes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
Babette's Test Kitchen
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More