- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin-olive oil
- 2 large Vidalia onions, sliced
- 3/4 pound smoked ham, cubed
- 8 large eggs
- 1 quart heavy cream
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat a skillet over medium-low heat, coat the pan with oil, and add the onions.
- Slowly cook the onions, stirring, until they caramelize and release their natural sugars.
- Add a couple of tablespoons of water to help the onions break down, if needed.
- Toss in the ham, cook, stirring, for about 10 minutes to get some color on it. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs until frothy, pour in the cream; season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the caramelized onions and ham over the bottom of the crust and carefully pour in the cream and egg mixture; the filling should be about 1-inch from the top of the pan.
- Cover loosely with foil and bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and continue to bake for 15 minutes or until the quiche is set, puffy, and jiggles slightly.
- Remove to a wire rack and let cool for 30 minutes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More