- Cooking Time: 6 to 7
- Preparation Time:
- 2 slices ham steaks (each 1/2" thick)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar 1 cup brewed black coffee-cold
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Place butter in a large skillet and place over medium heat. When butter foams, add ham steak.
- Cook until nicely browned on both sides. Remove ham to plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add brown sugar to pan, stirring until dissolved. Place coffee in a jar with a tight fitting cover and add flour.
- Shake vigorously to remove lumps then add to pan.
- Bring to a boil and stir until gravy thickens.
- Reduce heat and cook another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Return ham slices to pan to re-warm and slather with gravy.
NotesServe with buttery cornmeal grits and fried eggs for a traditional Southern breakfast or a quick supper.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for BreakfastSee More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More