- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 6 - 8
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound hamburger
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed and drained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic until beef is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in tomatoes, chili powder, oregano, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the vegetables.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. pie plate.
- Combine topping ingredients; spoon evenly over the meat mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30 minutes.