- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 30
BackstoryThis recipe came from my Mom who lived during the 'Great Depression'. She lived in Butternut, Wisc. and she said that on Saturdays they would go to town and get groceries and stuff for the week. It would be a busy day so by the time they got home late afternoon, her mom threw together this quick and hearty soup.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion
- 1 32 0z. can stewed tomatoes
- 1 can tomatoe soup
- 1 can kidney beans, or whatever beans you prefer
- 2 cups cooked elbow macaoni
- garlic powder, salt, pepper and chili powder to taste
- Brown the hamburger and onion in a heavy soup pot. Add remaining ingredients and about 2 cups of water and heat untill hot.