- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 12 oz no-yolk egg noodles
- 2 medium red onion(s), chopped
- 1 small green pepper(s), yellow pepper or green pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 pound 95% lean/5% fat raw ground beef
- 29 oz canned diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup parsley, flat-leaf, chopped
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 cup low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 3/4 oz Ritz Reduced-fat crackers, about 35 crackers
- Cook the noodles according to the package directions, omitting the salt if desired.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat.
- Add the red onion and bell pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Combine the beef mixture, noodles, tomatoes, parsley, and pepper in the baking dish.
- Stir in the ¾ cup of the cheese.
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining ¾ cup of cheese and the crackers.
- Spray the topping with nonstick spray.
- Bake until hot and the cheese is melted, about 45 minutes.