- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Tbs. oil in preferably an iron skillet, put in oven at 400 to get hot.
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 1 1/2 c. milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 - 1 tsp each chili powder and garlic powder,
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 - 3/4 c. ketchup
- 1 can green beans
- Mix flour, milk, eggs and salt - set aside
- Brown 1 chopped onion and 1 lb. ground beef in separate skillet, drain.
- Add chili powder, garlic powder, salt & pepper to taste.
- Then add ketchup, mix well.
- Pour 1/2 the flour mixture into bottom of the hot skillet, then spoon the beef mixture over top, you can then add mushrooms and green beans or whatever you like. (This is very good with sauted cabbage on it as well.)
- Then top with cheese and pour rest of flour mixture on top.
- Bake 25 - 30 min. Cool slightly, then slice like a pie.
- You can subsitute, ground turkey (add more seasonings) or chopped hot dogs, any leftover meat you have on hand. Everyone who has ever tried this loved it. Enjoy!
NotesMy mom came across this recipe years ago and made some modifications. Then submitted it in a local cooking contest in our newspaper. She received an honorable mention for it.
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary CookbookSee More
Cancun Grilled Chicken Tacos with Citrus Chile Marinade
Lemon and Rosemary Chicken and Potatoes
Peanut Butter Butterfinger CookiesSee More