- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- ½ tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 8-10 oz button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 lb wide egg noodles or any other bite-sized pasta
- Start a large pot of water boiling for the pasta. Add the noodles and boil them to al dente.
- While the noodles are boiling, heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Saute the garlic for a couple minutes until it just starts to get golden.
- Add the ground beef and brown with the spices and herbs.
- Stir in the flour, making sure that it is completely coated in the oil.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for a few minutes more until they just start to get color. They won’t be cooked through yet.
- Add the beef broth and stir until it comes to a gentle boil. Simmer for 10 minutes to finish cooking the mushrooms and to thicken the sauce and reduce it by about one third.
- Turn off the heat.
- Drain the pasta and transfer it to a serving dish.
- tir the sour cream into the beef mixture, incorporating completely.
- Serve immediately with the noodles. If desired, garnish with parsley.
- Variation: Use very thinly sliced strips of beef for a more traditional beef stroganoff.
NotesThis is a quick and comforting winter meal. The recipe is based off childhood memories.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Classic Chocolate Recipes
MidLife Road Trip'sSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More