HANDWRITTEN VALENTINE'S CUPCAKES WITH CHOCOLATE GLAZE
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- One Bowl Chocolate Cupcakes
- Makes 18 to 24
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons safflower oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Chocolate Glaze:
- Makes 1 cup
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 2 oz white chocolate, melted.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line standard muffin tins with paper liners; set aside. Sift together cocoa powder, flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl. Add eggs, warm water, buttermilk, oil, and vanilla, and mix until smooth, about 3 minutes. Scrape down the sides and bottom of bowl to assure batter is well mixed.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups, filling each 2/3 full. Bake until tops spring back when touched, about 20 minutes, rotating pan once if needed. Transfer to a wire rack; let cool completely.
- Cupcakes will keep, covered, for up to three days.
- Dip tops of each cupcake in chocolate glaze, letting excess drip off. Let stand until set, about 30 minutes. Fit a pastry bag with the smallest plain round tip. Fill bag with melted white chocolate, and use to write on cupcakes. Decorated cupcakes will keep, covered, for up to 2 days.
- Heat cream in a small saucepan over medium heat. Place chocolate and corn syrup in a small bowl. Pour hot cream over chocolate mixture, and stir until smooth. Use immediately.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Blue Cheese And Bacon Cheese Ball
matt's base red sauceSee More