- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- One Bowl Chocolate Cupcakes
- Makes 18 to 24
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons safflower oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Chocolate Glaze:
- Makes 1 cup
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 2 oz white chocolate, melted.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line standard muffin tins with paper liners; set aside. Sift together cocoa powder, flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl. Add eggs, warm water, buttermilk, oil, and vanilla, and mix until smooth, about 3 minutes. Scrape down the sides and bottom of bowl to assure batter is well mixed.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups, filling each 2/3 full. Bake until tops spring back when touched, about 20 minutes, rotating pan once if needed. Transfer to a wire rack; let cool completely.
- Cupcakes will keep, covered, for up to three days.
- Dip tops of each cupcake in chocolate glaze, letting excess drip off. Let stand until set, about 30 minutes. Fit a pastry bag with the smallest plain round tip. Fill bag with melted white chocolate, and use to write on cupcakes. Decorated cupcakes will keep, covered, for up to 2 days.
- Heat cream in a small saucepan over medium heat. Place chocolate and corn syrup in a small bowl. Pour hot cream over chocolate mixture, and stir until smooth. Use immediately.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
$30 Wine+Food Pairings
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Prickly Pear Margarita
Creamy Candy Bar Dessert
Hector's HurricanesSee More