- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 120
- 1/4 cup of fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar (I used palm sugar)
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced serrano chile with seeds
- 2 lbs top sirloin steak
- 2 bunches green onions (white part only), cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- In a small bowl wisk together all ingredients except steak and onions.
- Cut sirloin into 1 1/4 inch cubes.
- Place cubes in large, resealable plastic bag and pour in marinade.
- Press air out of bag and seal tightly.
- Turn bag to distribute marinade evenly.
- Refrigerate for 1 - 2 hours. (I actually put it in the fridge for 5 hours while we played a round of golf.)
- Remove meat from the bag and discard the marinade.
- Skewer the meat alternatively with the onions, threading the onions crosswise.
- Allow the kabobs to stand at room temperature for 20 - 30 minutes before grilling.
- Grill kabobs over Direct Medium heat until the meat is medium rare, 8 - 10 minutes, turning once halfway through grilling time.
- This went great with some peppers, zuchini, mushrooms and onion wedges that I marinated in oil and basalmic vinegar and the skewered together, grilling for the same amount of time.
- I also took some small new potatoes, poked them with a fork, nuked them for 3 minutes, tossed them in butter, salt and pepper and then skewered and grilled them as well.
NotesMy trusty Weber's Big Book of Grilling yielded this. Tried it and it was great!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Recipes for VitalitySee More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More