1 package manacotti/shells
1/2 lb ground beef
16 oz fa-free ricotta cheese
3 egg equivalent, egg substitute
1 tsp oregano
salt and pepper
2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 cup mozarrella cheese
* you can add spinach and mushrooms for a heartier version, or just do the veggies for a vegetarian version*
1. Heat oven to 350F. Cook pasta accordingly. Drain and let cool.
2. Mix remaining ingredients in large bowl.
3. Stuff pasta with mixture.
4. Place in baking dish with sauce covering bottom (to prevent sticking. Cover with more pasta sauce and spring with cheese.
5. Cook until cheese is melted and bubbly, around 25 minutes.
Pairs Well With
I threw this together when my family was coming over. I didn't have my manacotti recipe since my sister had that cookbook, so I just winged it. It turned out pretty good :)