HAPPY PEASANT SOUP
Happy Peasant Soup
- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 50-60 mins
- 2 Whole Heads of Organic Garlic
- 6 Large red potatoes srubbed and sliced
- 2 Large red Onions chopped and caramelized
- 7 cups veggie stock
- Celtic sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- chopped Flat leaf parsley for garnishing
Preheat oven to 200C/400F
Place the whole unpeeled garlic bulbs in a small tray and bake for about 30 minutes.
Parcook the potatoes in boiling water for about 10 minutes.
Stir fry the onions until caramelized.
Bring the veggie stock to the boil, and simmer for about 5 minutes, and then add the drained potatoes.
Squeeze the roasted garlic pulp into the soup, season to taste, and stir through.
Simmer for about 15 minutes until potatoes are cooked through, and the flavours infuse.
Pulse very briefly with a hand blender so still relatively chunky and rustic.
Garnish with parsley and serve. YUM!