- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 20-30
- 6 to 8 slices bacon, fried crisp, drippings reserved
- 1 cup diced yellow onions
- 2/3 cup flour
- 6 cups hot chicken stock
- 4 cups, diced, peeled baked potatoes
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse black pepper
- 1 cup rated Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup diced green onion
- Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Cook onions in remaining drippings until transparent, about 3 minutes.
- Add flour, stirring to prevent lumps; cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until mixture just begins to turn golden.
- Add chicken stock gradually, shisking to prevent lumps, until liquid thickens.
- Reduce heat to simmer; add bacon and all ingredients except grated cheese and green onions.
- Simmer for 10 minutes; do not allow to boil.
- Add grated cheese and green onions; heat until cheese melts smoothly.
- May garnish each serving with bacon grated cheese, and/or chopped parsley.
NotesI had this at my sister's house over the holidays and thought it was wonderful. It came from the Baylor University Alumni Associates' "Homecoming: Special Foods, Special Memories" cookbook.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Kale Yeah It's Good...No Meat Necessary
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Driscoll's Berry DessertsSee More
Cancun Grilled Chicken Tacos with Citrus Chile Marinade
Perfect baked potatoSee More