HARD ROCK CAFE BAKED POTATO SOUP
- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 20-30
- 6 to 8 slices bacon, fried crisp, drippings reserved
- 1 cup diced yellow onions
- 2/3 cup flour
- 6 cups hot chicken stock
- 4 cups, diced, peeled baked potatoes
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse black pepper
- 1 cup rated Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup diced green onion
Crumble bacon and set aside.
Cook onions in remaining drippings until transparent, about 3 minutes.
Add flour, stirring to prevent lumps; cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until mixture just begins to turn golden.
Add chicken stock gradually, shisking to prevent lumps, until liquid thickens.
Reduce heat to simmer; add bacon and all ingredients except grated cheese and green onions.
Simmer for 10 minutes; do not allow to boil.
Add grated cheese and green onions; heat until cheese melts smoothly.
May garnish each serving with bacon grated cheese, and/or chopped parsley.