- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 30
- Preparation Time: 20
- 3/4 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 lb ground veal
- 1/4 lb ground pork
- 1 1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1 cup light cream
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup finely snipped parsley
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- dash ground ginger
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- Have meats ground together twice.
- Soak bread in cream about 5 minutes.
- Saute the onion in 1 tablespoon of butter until tender.
- Mix meats, crumb mixture, onion, eggs, parsley, salt, pepper, ginger and nutmeg together.
- Beat 5 minutes at medium speed on an electric blender, or mix by hand until well combined.
- Shape into 1 1/2 inch balls.
- The mixture will be soft, so for easier shaping, wet hands or chill mixture first.
- Brown the shaped meatballs in 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Remove from the skillet.
- Set Aside.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in the pan with the drippings.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour.
- Add in 1 bouillon cube dissolved in 1 1/4 cups boiling water and 1 /2 teaspoon instant coffee.
- Cook and stir until gravy thickens and bubbles.
- Add the meatballs to the gravy mixture.
- Cover and cook slowly on very low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve on a bed of egg noodles or use as party snacks.
- Alternative Cooking Method:
- I often put my meatballs and my gravy mixture a crock-pot on low for about 2 hours.
NotesHanded down from Grandma!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
The Naked Macaron
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More