- Cooking Time: 30 - 40
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 tablespoon black pepper
- 3/4 tablespoon onion powder
- 1-1/2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1-1/2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 1-1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 3/4 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups dry bread crumbs
- 4 eggs
- 5 pounds ground meat
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Cook bacon in pan.
- Remove bacon and chop.
- Leave drippings in pan and add onion and celery.
- Saute (but do not brown).
- Add pepper, onion powder, thyme, salt, mustard, paprika and garlic powder; cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat; add tomato juice and evaporated milk.
- Mix bread crumbs with eggs and add to ground meat.
- Add spice mixture and bacon to meat and mix gently.
- Place mixture in 1 large loaf pan or individual loaf pans.
- Bake until done, about 30 to 40 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F on a meat or instant-read thermometer.
NotesThe name caught my eye on this one as soon as I saw it and haveing a husband that loves meatloaf just had to give it a try. It was a winner with the both of us. The bacon gives such a good flavor and the tomato juice is just the right amount of tomato. Liked it better than the use of tomato sauce. I think this was from a newspaper site.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
MetroCooking Texas 2013
Get Cookin'See More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More