- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 milk or cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9x5 inch loaf pan
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, soda, salt, 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg, ginger and cloves. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy, Add eggs and beat well.
- Add flour mixture alternately with pumpkin
- Stir in chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of the walnuts.
- Pour batter into loaf pan. Sprinkle remaining nuts on top.
- Bake at for 65 to 70 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean. While still warm, drizzle with glaze (below).
- Glaze: In a medium bowl, combine confectioners sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon. Mix and add 1 to 2 teaspoons
- MY NOTE: I usually double the glaze and make it more of a frosting.
- Lately, I just add all the walnuts right into the batter, not some on top
NotesSource of Recipe
from a pamphlet I have had forever
This is a cake I make every Fall. Enjoyed by all
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert CookbookSee More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More