- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 milk or cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9x5 inch loaf pan
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, soda, salt, 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg, ginger and cloves. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy, Add eggs and beat well.
- Add flour mixture alternately with pumpkin
- Stir in chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of the walnuts.
- Pour batter into loaf pan. Sprinkle remaining nuts on top.
- Bake at for 65 to 70 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean. While still warm, drizzle with glaze (below).
- Glaze: In a medium bowl, combine confectioners sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon. Mix and add 1 to 2 teaspoons
- MY NOTE: I usually double the glaze and make it more of a frosting.
- Lately, I just add all the walnuts right into the batter, not some on top
NotesSource of Recipe
from a pamphlet I have had forever
This is a cake I make every Fall. Enjoyed by all
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Watt's Cooking in PA?
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More