- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound new white or red potatoes
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans string and cut in 2 inch lengths
- 5 green onions, chop
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup cooked chick peas
- 1 cup cooked kidney beans
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasioning
- Pepper to taste
- Boil potatoes until tender.
- Drain, cool and slice.
- Cook green beans until tender. On a large platter, arrange tomato slices to overlap.
- Distribute chick peas, beans, potatoes, and green beans in mounds.
- In a cup, mix vinegar, pepper, oil, italian seasoning and green onions.
- Pour over vegetable mounds.
- Serve at room temp.
NotesThis recipe was given to me by a friend about 30 years ago. It becomes a one dish meal for my family when served with your favorite type of bread. We like it in pitas.