- Cooking Time: 150
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 15
- Drippings from about 6 slices of bacon
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1/2 can of diced tomatoes (about 2 cups)
- 2 potatoes peeled and chopped (about 2 cups)
- 12 radishes trimmed and sliced
- 20 baby carrots chopped
- 1 can of of sweet peas drained
- 1 cup of frozen green beans thawed
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves sliced
- 1. cook bacon in large pot over medium heat. cook as long as can to get all the drippings.
- 2. Remove bacon and use for something else.
- 3. Add broth and tomatoes to dripping. Increase heat to med-high and bring to boil.
- 4. Add potatoes and radishes, cook about 2 min.
- 5. Add carrots and cook 3 min.
- 6. Add peas and green beans cook 5 min.
- 7. Using slotted spoon transfer vegetables to pre-heated crock pot.
- 8. Bring liquid to boil then cook about 10 min. to thicken.
- 9. Meanwhile add lettuce to vegetables.
- 10. Pour liquid in crock pot and stir to mix.
- 11. Add salt and pepper to season.
- 12. Cook in crock pot on low until all vegetables are soft.
NotesMy daughter LOVES this stew! Great for baby and adults!!