HARVEST VEGETABLE STEW
- Cooking Time: 150
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 15
- Drippings from about 6 slices of bacon
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1/2 can of diced tomatoes (about 2 cups)
- 2 potatoes peeled and chopped (about 2 cups)
- 12 radishes trimmed and sliced
- 20 baby carrots chopped
- 1 can of of sweet peas drained
- 1 cup of frozen green beans thawed
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves sliced
1. cook bacon in large pot over medium heat. cook as long as can to get all the drippings.
2. Remove bacon and use for something else.
3. Add broth and tomatoes to dripping. Increase heat to med-high and bring to boil.
4. Add potatoes and radishes, cook about 2 min.
5. Add carrots and cook 3 min.
6. Add peas and green beans cook 5 min.
7. Using slotted spoon transfer vegetables to pre-heated crock pot.
8. Bring liquid to boil then cook about 10 min. to thicken.
9. Meanwhile add lettuce to vegetables.
10. Pour liquid in crock pot and stir to mix.
11. Add salt and pepper to season.
12. Cook in crock pot on low until all vegetables are soft.