- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups, shredded frozen hash browns, thawed and drained
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 3/4 cup diced cooked ham
- 1/2 cup diced green onions
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Gently press the drained hash browns between paper towels to dry them as best as possible.
- In a 9-inch pie plate, toss the hash browns with the melted butter into the plate.
- Press them into the bottom and up the sides to form a crust.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown and starting to crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- When the hash brown crust is ready pour the egg mixture over it and return to the oven.
- Lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees F and bake for about 30 minutes until the quiche is light golden brown on top and puffed.
NotesOh man...this is perfect since I don't like pie crust. This crust is made from hash browns. yuuum!!! Paula Deen has the best recipes.