- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI lightened up a hash brown quiche and it's still super tasty!
Definitely a keeper if you're watching what you eat.
- 3 cups shredded hash brown potatoes
- butter flavored cooking spray
- seasoning salt to taste
- 8 oz diced Canadian bacon
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- ¾ C shredded reduced fat Mexican cheese
- 2 oz shredded Velveeta
- 2 whole eggs
- ¾ C Egg Beaters
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Press hash browns onto the bottom and sides of a 9 inch pie dish.
- Spray with butter flavored cooking spray, and sprinkle with seasoning salt. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until beginning to brown.
- In a small bowl, combine Canadian bacon, onion and shredded cheese.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, Egg Beaters, milk, salt, pepper, and a little seasoning salt.
- When crust is ready, spread Canadian bacon mixture on the bottom, then cover with egg mixture.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350F
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until filling is puffed and golden brown.