- Cooking Time: 25 min
- Servings: 2-5
- Preparation Time: 20 min
- Coconut oil
- Garlic (freshly smashed and chopped)
- Grated sweet potato or yam
- Grated apple, I like fuji or honey crisp
- Lemon grass (either from a tube or fresh)
- Grated ginger (peel with a spoon)
- If you absolutely can’t stand eyeballing it:
- 2-3 cups 226-339grams grated sweet potato
- 1-2 cups 113-226 gram grated apple
- 3-4 cloves 12-18 grams garlic
- 2 tbsp ~14 grams lemon grass
- 2 tbsp ~14 grams grated ginger
- 4 tbsp ~28 grams coconut oil
- I love making this in a nicely seasoned cast iron pan. Start with a half a golf ball sized chuck of coconut oil (2 tbsp. or 30 mL), let it melt in your large pan/skillet. Add the smashed and chopped cloves of garlic and allow them to brown before adding the chopped or squeezed from a tube lemon grass (start small and increase to taste). After thoroughly mixed, add some grated ginger, let the flavors mingle and heath together or low heat while you grate equal amounts sweet potato and apple. Add more coconut oil to keep everything crispy and delicious. Add the grated goodness. Don’t stir too aggressively; you want it to crisp up. So freakin’ good!
NotesThis is a recipe where proportions are the best guides for amounts.
I love this served for breakfast with some protein.
I cannot stress how superior coconut oil is for cooking especially in this application.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More