- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp plain dry bread crumbs
- Peel the potatoes. Score them in slices, a little less than 1/4” wide, cutting only 1/3 of the way down - not all of the way through. Drop the potatoes into cold water until you are finished with all of the potatoes.
- Remove from the water and dry well. Pour melted butter in a large enough casserole to hold all of the potatoes. Baste the potatoes with the butter. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Bake at 400° for 25 minutes. Baste the potatoes again, and sprinkle on the bread crumbs. Bake another 10 minutes, or until tender.
- If desired, may sprinkle on some parmesean cheese 5 minutes before potatoes are done.