- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/4 c Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp Sugar or Sugar substitute (Zylitol)
- 2 lbs Cream cheese
- 1 1/3 c Sugar or Sugar substitute (Zylitol)
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 2 tsp Grated lemon zest
- 1/3 c Heavy cream
- To make the crust, mix the crumbs, butter and sugar. Press into the bottom and sides of a 10"
- spring form pan. (I like to line the bottom of the springform with parchment paper. This makes it
- easier to remove the slices when serving.) Bake 8 minutes at 325F.
- Now mix cheese and sugar or sugar substitute until blended. Blend in eggs one at a time. Mix in flour, zest and cream. Pour into the crust.
- Bake at 400F for 10 minutes, then another 40 minutes at 250F until set. Let cool in the open oven for an hour.
- Spread Haupia over the cheesecake while still not quite set.
- Cool in the refrigerator overnight.
NotesA co-worker asked me if I knew how to make a Haupia Cheesecake. It's a Hawaiian dessert. Cheesecake on the bottom and a firm cocunt pudding (Haupia) on top.
According to her and the people in her work area, I got it exactly right and many have asked for the recipe.