- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 c. whole macadamia nuts
- 1 can (15 oz.) pineapple chunks, very well drained
- 1 can (31/2 oz.) flaked coconut
- ¾ c. sifted flour
- ¾ c. sugar
- ½ t. baking powder
- ½ t. salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 t. vanilla
- Place nuts, pineapple and coconut in a large bowl.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a sifter. Sift over nut mixture.
- Mix until nuts and fruit are completely coasted with flour.
- Beat eggs until foamy and ten add vanilla.
- Stir in nut mixture.
- Spoon in greased, wax paper lined 8x4 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 300° for 50 minutes or until bread tests done with a wood pick.
- Remove from pan and cool completely.
- When cool, wrap in foil or plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Optional: While still warm, prick top of loaf and brush with maple syrup
NotesMy neighbor gifted me with this terrific bread. It is a "cooler fruit cake." Shop around for the nuts. TJ's had a terrific deal on them early on in the holiday season.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
My Family Cookbook
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Broiled Salmon with Olive-Tomato Vinaigrette
Peanut and pretzel truffles
Veggie KebabsSee More