- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 c. whole macadamia nuts
- 1 can (15 oz.) pineapple chunks, very well drained
- 1 can (31/2 oz.) flaked coconut
- ¾ c. sifted flour
- ¾ c. sugar
- ½ t. baking powder
- ½ t. salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 t. vanilla
- Place nuts, pineapple and coconut in a large bowl.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a sifter. Sift over nut mixture.
- Mix until nuts and fruit are completely coasted with flour.
- Beat eggs until foamy and ten add vanilla.
- Stir in nut mixture.
- Spoon in greased, wax paper lined 8x4 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 300° for 50 minutes or until bread tests done with a wood pick.
- Remove from pan and cool completely.
- When cool, wrap in foil or plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Optional: While still warm, prick top of loaf and brush with maple syrup
NotesMy neighbor gifted me with this terrific bread. It is a "cooler fruit cake." Shop around for the nuts. TJ's had a terrific deal on them early on in the holiday season.
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
"Pretty Food" for the home ChefSee More
Blueberry Banana Blast
Cincinnati Bengals Bacon & Mac Grilled Cheese
AFRICAN CHICKEN STEWSee More