- Cooking Time: 20-30 Minutes
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 6 boneless chicken breast halves (6oz each)
- 3 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 can (20oz) unsweetened sliced pineapple
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into rings
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper.
- Add chicken, one piece at a time and shake to coat.
- In a skillet, brown chicken in oil.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. X 9-in baking dish.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, bouillon and ginger. Drain pineapple into a 2 cup measuring cup; set aside pineapple.
- Add enough cold water to juice to measure 1-1/4 cups.
- Stir in vinegar and soy sauce.
- Gradually whisk into sugar mixture.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Pour sauce over chicken; top with green pepper and reserved pineapple.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 20-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170. Serve with rice.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More