- Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis recipe was given to us by one of our friends in Hawaii and it taste much better than it sounds.
- 4 medium fish heads (from Red Snapper)
- 4 bunches mustard cabbage*
- 2 cups green onions, chopped
- 6 inches fresh ginger, minced
- 2 lemons
- Hawaiian or kosher salt to taste
- * Can be purchased at your local Japanese market.
- Place cleaned fish heads in pot of boiling water. Add ginger and Hawaiian salt. Let cook for 17 minutes. Cut mustard cabbage in two inch length and parboil in seperate pan. When fish heads are almost done, add mustard cabbage in soup. Serve hot with lemon and onion garnish