- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 10
- 4 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon sesame seed oil
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 Tablespoon vegetable oil, divided
- 2 cups diced ham
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 6 green onions, diced, white and green parts separated
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 cups cooked rice, white or brown, cold
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup pineapple pieces
- In a small bowl, stir together the soy sauce, sesame oil and hot sauce. Set aside.
- In a large, non-stick skillet, heat 1/2 of the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add the diced ham, red bell pepper and the chopped white parts of the green onions. Cook and stir for 5 to 7 minutes, or until ham is browned and bell pepper is crisp-tender. Stir in the garlic and cook another minute. Pour this mixture into a bowl, and set aside.
- Heat the remaining vegetable oil in the same skillet until hot, and then add the cold rice. Cook and stir rice, breaking up the clumps. Cook until rice is thoroughly heated, about 8 minutes.
- Push the rice to one side of the skillet. Crack the eggs onto the other side of skillet and stir until lightly scrambled and set. Stir the eggs and the ham mixture into the rice. Pour the soy sauce mixture into the rice and cook, stirring until combined and hot.
- Turn off the heat, stir in the pineapple and green parts of the onions. Serve!
NotesPer Holly: One of the biggest tips I can give for perfect fried rice is using leftover, cold rice. I think it’s the firmness of the cold rice that gives it the perfect texture. If you use fresh cooked rice, it will make the mixture mushy! So take my word for it, make the rice in the morning, or the day before, and then place it in the fridge in a sealed container. Once it’s been in the fridge for at least 6 to 8 hours it should be nice and cold and ready to go!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Paul's Food World Volume 1
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Paula’s Vegetable Beef Chili
Beans And Tomatoes Chili Con CarneSee More