- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 5
- 1 1/4lbs shelled, deveined large Shrimp 16-20
- 4 Tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 3 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. tamari sauce
- 1 head Boston lettuce (leaves separated & torn)
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Tsp. ground ginger
- 2 cups pineapple, chunked
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tsp. wasabi paste (optional)
- 1 English cucumber, sliced and halved
- 1/3 cup non salted cashews, chopped
- Prepare grill for direct grilling on med-high.
- In medium bowl, toss shrimp with ginger and 2tsp sesame oil, well coated.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile thread pineapple onto skewers.
- Grill 2-4 min or until lightly charred, turning occasionally.
- Thread shrimp onto skewers to cutting board; remove from skewers.
- Coarsely chop pineapple.
- In large bowl, whisk together vinegar, olive oil, tamari, wasabi and remaining 2tsp sesame oil.
- Add lettuce, cucumber, red onion, pineapple and shrimp.
- Toss until well combined.
- Divide amount serving plates & top with cashews.
NotesThis is a healthy summer recipe. A delicious island approach to shrimp with a bit of a bite!