- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 5
- 1 1/4lbs shelled, deveined large Shrimp 16-20
- 4 Tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 3 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. tamari sauce
- 1 head Boston lettuce (leaves separated & torn)
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Tsp. ground ginger
- 2 cups pineapple, chunked
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tsp. wasabi paste (optional)
- 1 English cucumber, sliced and halved
- 1/3 cup non salted cashews, chopped
- Prepare grill for direct grilling on med-high.
- In medium bowl, toss shrimp with ginger and 2tsp sesame oil, well coated.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile thread pineapple onto skewers.
- Grill 2-4 min or until lightly charred, turning occasionally.
- Thread shrimp onto skewers to cutting board; remove from skewers.
- Coarsely chop pineapple.
- In large bowl, whisk together vinegar, olive oil, tamari, wasabi and remaining 2tsp sesame oil.
- Add lettuce, cucumber, red onion, pineapple and shrimp.
- Toss until well combined.
- Divide amount serving plates & top with cashews.
NotesThis is a healthy summer recipe. A delicious island approach to shrimp with a bit of a bite!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Growers' Giveback Potluck
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
"Pretty Food" for the home ChefSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More