- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 box vanilla wafers
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 1/2 cups crushed pineapple
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Crush 1/2 lb of vanilla wafers.
- Combine the crumbs with 3 tblsp melted butter. Reserve the rest for later.
- Put into 8" square pan and press over bottom. Cream 1/2 cup butter and 2 cups powdered sugar. Add 3 beaten eggs and 1/2 tsp vanilla. Mix well. Spread over crumbs in pan.
- Sprinkle layer of 1/2 cup chopped nuts. Over nuts, spread 1 1/2 cups pineapple.
- Beat 1 cup whipping cream till thick and fluffy. Stir in 1/2 tsp sugar. Spread over pineapple. Sprinkle remaining crumbs.
- Refrigerate at least 12 hours before serving.
NotesI got this recipe from my Grandmother who has since passed away. It has been a family favorite.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Surprise Birthday Cake
Citrus Pork Roast
Paula's Pecan ChickenSee More