- 32 oz. package of precooked, frozen meatballs
- 13.5 oz can of unsweetened pineapple chunks (put juice aside)
- 1 large green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 2/3 cup of vinegar (I used white wine vinegar and only 1/3 cup)
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons chili oil (my addition)
- 2 cups cooked white minute rice
Place meatballs in crock pot and top with green pepper and drained pineapple chunks.
In a separate bowl, mix reserved pineapple juice, brown sugar, cornstarch, vinegar, soy sauce and chili oil. Pour sauce over meatballs, pineapple and green peppers.
Cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through.
Cook rice according to package instructions. Serve meatballs over rice if desired.
I am a vinegar hater so I only used 1/3 cup and it was perfect! I also added my new favorite ingredient, chili oil! If there is soy sauce in a recipe, you can bet that I'm adding chili oil! I find any reason possible to use it in a recipe where it works well and it worked well in this recipe!