- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple with juice, undrained
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped, plus more to garnish
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 325° F. Coat a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, granulated sugar, baking soda, eggs, pineapple with juice, coconut and 1 cup of the walnuts. Stir with a wooden spoon until just combined and all ingredients are moist.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan. Bake at 325° F. for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
- In a bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Frost cooled cake with the cream cheese mixture. Garnish edges with chopped walnuts, if desired.
Cook With The Twinz - Juice & Smoothies Volume One
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Gluten Free Vietnamese Perogies
Campbell's Kitchen Slow Cooker Bacon Potato ChowderSee More