- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Per person:
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup raw sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 large granny smith apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 large slices of King Hawaiian or other Portuguese sweet bread, sliced in half
- 2 eggs, beaten
- cinnamon to taste
- 1/8 cup low fat (2%) milk
- In a medium frying pan melt 2 tablespoons butter. Place apple slices on melted butter and medium heat fry the apple slices for about 4 minutes, then cover for an additional 2 minutes. Set aside.
- In an other medium frying pan melt remaining butter. In a medium bowl add the eggs, cinnamon and milk. Dip bread slices in the cinnamon mixture, than place them in the frying pan. When all pieces of bread are in the frying pan, add remaining egg mixture to pan. Turn over when bottom is slightly brown. When both sides are slightly browned, add apple slices and sprinkle with sugar & cinnamon mixture. Cover for a minute or two. Serve with papaya, mango, guava or banana syrup.
NotesAfter making two apple upside down cakes and one apple pie we were left with one large Granny Smith apple. What to do with one apple???? Kathie came up with the idea of making me apple french toast Saturday morning, which was onolicious.
Bon Appetit! Selamat Makan! Smaaklijk Eten!
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of CookingSee More
Pandas' Favorite Pie by Kaylan & Finn Agarwal
Peggy's Hot Canapes
Panera Broccoli Cheese SoupSee More